Since Valentine’s Day is around the corner I started my research for a DIY project for my boyfriend. That’s when I found this amazing idea of how to make heart shaped tea Bags on Pinterest!
I love this idea because the materials for the project aren’t a lot and that are really easy to find or at least a lot of them are already in every house.
*SOME OF THE LINKS IN THIS POST CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS AND I WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE AFTER CLICKING ON MY LINK*
- Tea filters, teapot size. This filter can work too.
- White thread.
- Construction paper, for the heart stencil and the tea tags.
- Lever punch, heart shape. You can use the scissors too.
- A funnel, or something that will help you to put the tea leaves inside the filter.
- Tea Leaves. I picked flowers tea, some green tea, and chocolate tea. (My mom is a fan of teas so we have from around the world. These teas come from Turkey, China and Peru)
1. Cut the construction paper in the shape of a heart. Make sure that se heart fits the size of the tea filter. Try to make it as possible so enough tea can fit inside.
2. Add some tape at the back of the heart so it won’t move the moment I started sewing around the heart. Be careful with this step, touch the tape so it won’t be too sticky… at the moment of remove can damage the tea filter a little.
3. Place the heart in the tea filter and start sewing around it. I sewed leaving some space between, because the tea leaves are big and won’t fall out of the filter. But if you are using regular tea then you need to sew leaving almost no space between every stitch.
4. Leave some space to fit the funnel.
5. Fill the filter with your favorite tea!
6. Distribute the tea leaves inside the heart
7. Finish sewing the heart. Once you do that, do another round of stitches to leave everything in place and make a knot at the end to seal the tea bag.
8. When everything is done. Cut around the heart making sure to not cut too close to the stitches.
And TA-DA here we have our beautifully heart shaped tea bag. We aren’t done yet but we can take a few minutes to admire or hard work.
9. Take the lever punch and the red construction paper and start making the smalls hearts. And cut as much as you need. You can do this step with scissors too.
10. Take the needle with thread and put it on the tea tag. You can make a knot at the bottom of the tag or secure it the way you find more solid.
11. Now go through the center top of the tea bag with a needle and pull the thread to the desired length.
12. Tie the thread with a knot and cut the remaining thread.
Now there you have it! A tea bag ready to give someone you love or to enjoy yourself.
I hope you liked this DIY! and make sure to try it, I would love to see how yours look.