Since I’m little I’ve been doing gifts for my mom on her day. And it’s a tradition until now. I don’t buy her anything. Instead, I spend some of my time doing something special with my hands. And I know she appreciates it more! (specially if it involves a dessert hahaha). In this post you will see how to make an easy monogram cupcakes stand for her day!
I got the inspiration for Pinterest (of course!) And I thought it was a really cute idea! Also, my mom is going to South Africa this Saturday and she won’t be here for Mother’s Day. So I kinda celebrated it sooner with her.
*SOME OF THE LINKS IN THIS POST CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS AND I WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE AFTER CLICKING ON MY LINK*
- Hard cardboard. I had a black one in my house so I used that one.
- Glue gun and glue sticks.
- Things to decorate. I used washi tape and a golden marker. I love the Sharpie Oil Based Paint Marker. The color is amazing and it looks like a natural gold color!
I picked the letter M for this DIY project in representation of this upcoming Mother’s Day. But obviously you can choose the letter you want.
1. To make the letter just make sure to get the measurements of the cupcake. That way, they will fit with no problem. Mine were 7 cm (3 inches) long and width. For the height of the cupcake stand, I decided to do it half of the cupcake. That would be 2.5 cm (1 inch) of height.
2. Once you cut every piece of the stand, It’s time to glue it together! Since I use a glue gun to do this, be careful. I got burn like 5 times and it was no fun. This kind of glue gets dry really quickly, so don’t take too long to put the pieces together.
3. Make sure to double the glue in the corners. Since those are the hardest parts to glue. And we don’t want our structure to separate.
4. When you finish to glue every piece of the structure you will have your monogram cupcakes stand ready to decorate!
5. For the decoration I kept it simple. So I just added some washi tape around the stand and I painted the rest with a golden marker.
I gave it to her in the morning and she loved the monogram cupcakes stand!! If you want to see another lovely DIY project here’s one: How to make heart shaped tea bags
I hope you like it! Enjoy your weekend.