Happy Monday, people! Today I will be showing you how to make a business card organizer. A perfect DIY project for Father’s Day. At first, I thought about using wood to make it. I bought it and everything. Including the varnish. The problem came when I had to cut the piece of wood myself and it didn’t work as planned. I thought I could embrace my inner lumberjack and make it work, but the saw had a mind of its own. *Sigh*.
But luckily, I had a plan B! I found a 9×14 cm (3.5×5 in) picture frame, that was deep enough to hold the business cards. And the size was a perfect fit for them. It made this business card organizer way easier to make!
- 9×14 cm (3.5×5 in) picture frame. Also, mine is 5 cm (2 in) depth.
- Black cardboard. To cover the back side of the picture frame.
- Poster board sheets to make tab dividers.
- Glue stick.
- Contact adhesive or another type of glue. Just make sure that is strong enough to stick the picture frame with the cardboard.
- Small screwdriver.
Steps to make the business card organizer
1. Unscrew the four screws in the picture frame.
2. Turn around the cover of the picture frame. I did this because this cover had two metal hooks that made hard for the picture frame to be stabilized on a flat surface. And doing this fixes the problem.
3. Spread the contact adhesive on the cover of the picture frame and on the black cardboard. Let it dry a few minutes and then stick them together adding some pressure. I put some books on, to make sure the cardboard and the picture frame will stick.
Now is time for the tab dividers! Make as many as you think you will need. This time I made 10 and I left them blank so my dad can decide how he wants to organize his business card.
The size for them is 9×6 cm (3.5 x2 in).
4. Once you cut all the pieces needed. Glue them together. I chose to glue two poster board sheets together, to make them more rigid.
And that would be all! In four easy steps, you made a cute business card organizer. The best part? It was really cheap! I just had to buy the picture frame because I had the rest of the materials at home.
I usually don’t buy gifts for my parents on their day. I prefer to make them or even write a cute letter to let them know how much I appreciate their love and all the things they do for me.
I hope you liked the business card organizer DIY project! And if you are looking for more ideas, you can click here.
Do you know what are you giving your dad on his day? Or you have any special tradition for Father’s Day? Let me know in the comments!