I’ve been trying to add something to my bedroom’s door for a while. And with some inspiration from Pinterest (obviously), I came with the idea to make a monogrammed door decoration for my bedroom. So on today’s post, I’ll explain how I made this golden ornament.
And like any other DIY I post on the blog, it’s really easy and fast to make. Also, very cheap!
- Gold spray paint
- Wood glue
- Wood monogram letter
- Wood sticks (3 cm -1/8 inches)
- Cardboard circle
- Poster board
Steps for the Monogrammed Door Decoration
1. Cut the cardboard in a circle shaped. Mine is 15 cm of diameter.
2. Glue the white poster board to the cardboard.
3. Cut the wood sticks in the sizes you want. In this case, mine has 4 different sizes (20 cm, 15 cm, 10 cm and 5cm).
4. Use the golden spray to paint the sticks and the wood letter. you don’t really have to paint for the paint to dry because the wood absorbs the spray almost instantly.
5. Before gluing the sticks on the circle, make sure to know where the sticks will go. To do that, I draw a small X on the center of the circle as guidance. That way it will make easier to glue the sticks. Also, remember that the part where you want to add the glue is the one you want to face.
6. Once all the wood sticks are glued to the cardboard. It’s time to add the monogram letter.
And ta-da! Your monogrammed door decoration is ready to stick. Very easy, right?
For more DIY projects you can click here.
So what do you think? Did you like it? Let me know in the comments!