I’ve been making jewelry since I’m 14. All thanks to my grandma because she grabbed me to these classes during my summer break that year. Making your own jewelry is very easy. Just like this two chokers tutorial. I’ll show you how to make a choker made of chain and a choker with a boho style. Both in simple steps.
Now let’s begin with the first one!
1. CHAIN CHOKER
I wasn’t sure which pendant I wanted for this necklace, and at the end I used none. The little elephants look better by themselves.
- Chain (32 cm – 12 inches)
- 11 Jump Rings (4mm)
- 8 Round Spacer Beads (4mm)
- 1 Clasp
- Pliers Set
- 8 Flat Head Pins (I didn’t had the ones with flat head, so I used the eye pins instead)
1. Open all jump rings (that way they will be ready to use!)
2. Put the first elephant charm on the jump ring and then on the middle of the chain. The elephant in the middle will be your guide. I counted, every two links I added a new elephant charm. So 5 to the left, and 5 to the right.
3. Repeat step 2, ten more times.
3. Now we add the round beads. To do that, we grab a flat head pin, we insert the bead. And cut until you think it’s enough to bend the pin.
4. Once you bended the pin. Put it on the chain. Again, two links after the last elephant charm.
5. Repeat step 3 and 4, seven more times.
6. Now it’s time for the clasp! Open one jump ring and insert it in the clasp. Now put it at the end of the chain. Also, add a jump ring at the other end of the chain.
Ta-da! The choker is ready to use!
2. Boho Choker
- Leather Cording
- 5 Charms
- 6 Round Spacer Beads
- 1 Jump Ring
1. Cut the end of leather cord a little bit so the beads can fit.
2. Alternate the round spacer beads and charms.
3. Close the end with a knot.
4. Insert the jump ring in the middle of the leather cord.
5. Put the charm on.
6. Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 in the other end of the leather cord.
And it’s done! Super easy, right?
I hope you like these chokers tutorial. You don’t even need more than 20 minutes to make one of these!
Do you like DIY tutorials? Here’s another one!: How to make heart shaped tea bags.