Happy Friday everyone! Today on the blog I’m sharing a super cute DIY Valentine’s Day gift for your significant other you can send. As you can see in the pictures, is super simple and you just need a bunch of hearts. And to be honest… that’s the hardest part. You need a lot of patience to cut all the hearts in different sizes. Besides that, is super fast and easy. Exactly how I like my tutorials to be!
I hope you enjoy it and use the idea! Definitely a perfect gift for the couples who aren’t spending Valentine’s Day together. Like me and my boyfriend.
Materials for Cute DIY Valentine’s Day Gift
- A cardboard box. Mine was 6 x 6 x 6 in and I got it in Office Depot.
- Poster boards of the colors you want.
- School glue stick
- Sharpie Pen 0.8
- His/Her favorite candy or chocolate! To make the gift more personal.
1. Assemble the cardboard box and unify everything with some tape. Not only to keep everything in place but also to avoid any heart slipping out of the box.
2. Cut the hearts in the sizes you want. I had 4 different sizes. One size, for the hearts around of the box. And other 3 different sizes to fill the box. I did cut a lot of hearts. Around 135 hearts. Like I said at the beginning, this is the part that takes more time.
3. Pick 4 of the biggest hearts (the size of those hearts should be almost of the size of the box) and paste each of them at the sides of the box. I used 3 red hearts and 1 white heart to write the address and the name of the person you are sending the box.
4. Now is time to fill the box! At the bottom of it, put the chocolates or candies. Then I covered them with tissue paper. So they won’t mix up and it will make the box more full. And let’s be honest, even though the box is small and I did cut a lot of hearts, that wasn’t enough to fill the whole box. So the tissue paper helped a lot!
5. Write sweet messages on the hearts! It doesn’t have to be on all of them. Unless you do have the time for it.
6. Put the hearts inside the box.
7. And ta-da! The cute DIY Valentine’s Day gift is ready.
What do you think about this cute DIY Valentine’s Day gift? Do you like this idea? Let me know in the comments! Also, I know it can be super tiring to cut all those hearts but you can also buy them. Around this dates, every store has paper hearts! Don’t forget to share this tutorial!
And if you are looking for more ideas, I also made a tutorial on how to make heart shaped tea bags. Super cute and perfect for the tea lover. I actually did that last Valentine’ Day and my boyfriend loved it! So go check it out!