The first day of February is here, and do you know what that means? Valentine’s Day is around the corner! Even though I can’t spend that day with my boyfriend (we are in a long distance relationship), I still love it. I’m a romantic girl and everything related to love I’m into it. That’s one of the reasons why I mostly read romance books.
- Related: Romance Book Reading Challenge 2019
Today I’m sharing three easy and romantic hairstyles for Valentine’s Day. I know it can be a struggle to watch tutorials and not being able to follow them because they are so confusing and hard. That’s why I want to emphasize the word easy. This three hairstyles for Valentine’s Day are cute and easy to follow. You will only need some ribbons!
1. Half-Up Bubble Braid
This hairstyle is super easy to recreate and I love the detail of adding red or pink ribbons to it. It gives the bubble braid a nice touch of color. Before starting, I have to add that it’s important that you make sure to secure the bubbles well. I ended up using two elastics per section. I have a lot of hair so it was necessary. That way the elastic won’t slide. You don’t want the bubbles to lose its shape. The ribbons will also help you to secure better the braid.
2. Use three fingers to add the distance between the first elastic and the second one. This will create a good size for the bubble.
3. Softly, start pulling your hair to create the bubble effect. If the elastic start to slip, tighten that section.
4. We repeat step 2.
5. With the second bubble ready, you can see now how the braid starts to take shape.
6. Repeat again step 2, until you have all the desired bubbles.
7. Once you have all the bubbles in place, it’s time to add some colors. You can get ribbons or any other material to cover the elastics.
2. Boho Fish Tail Braid
This boho braid can be a little tricky at first but once you get it, you can do it super fast! This one of my favorite hairstyles because it’s easy and I don’t take that long to finish (considering my hair is super long). Basically, all you have to do to recreate this boho braid is to pull your hair through to create that fishtail braid effect.
1. Start of my braid with an elastic on the side you want it on.
2. Then pull the hair through to create this effect. Once you do that, make sure to tighten the section of hair after. That way it will give it more volume.
3. Grab some hair from the other side and secure it with an elastic.
4. Then pull it through again. Here’s a closer look. Basically, that’s all you have to do to get the look.
5. Again, repeat step 3. Grab some more hair from the other side and secure it.
6. Just keep doing the same. Repeating step 3 and 4 until the end. Remember to tighten the section of hair you secured with the elastic after pulling your hair through, that will let each section to be together with the one above.
3. Simple Dutch Braid
I just love how simple this Valentine’s Day hairstyle is. It’s important you get a ribbon or any other big accessory to finish the look. I think it looks adorable and super cute! Besides, it’s super easy to recreate and in a few minutes, you have a beautiful braid.
1. Grab a section at the top of your head.
2. Then split this section into 3 and start a dutch braid.
3. Braid until passing the back of your neck a little.
4. Secure the dutch braid with a hair tie.
5. Carefully, start pulling your hair in little sections in a pinching motion to create a chunky braid. This will give the Dutch braid a more relaxed feel.
6. Now, it’s time to add the ribbon and tie a beautiful bow. The ribbon I chose was 4 cm wide.
So, what do you think? Which one is your favorite hairstyle for Valentine’s Day? Let me know in the comments! Next week I’ll be back with more Valentine’s Day content, so stay tuned! For the moment, check other Valentine’s Day posts here; and if you are looking for more hairstyles, take a look at this one here.