Halloween is around the corner and I’m super excited! I used to love it when I was little because of the candy. But now… it’s the about the candy too. The best reason right? lol. But it’s also amazing how others decorate their homes and invest time in to make it look scary! That’s why I came with the idea of a Halloween DIY Chalkboard Tombstone. It’s fast and easy to make. You can make many of them, and in any size you want!
Materials for Halloween DIY Chalkboard Tombstone
- Chalkboard paint. (You can also make your own! Here’s a tutorial)
- Balsa wood sheets. Try not to use less than 1/8″ thick.
- Craft knife
- Wood glue.
- A piece of wood to use as a base.
Steps for Halloween DIY Chalkboard Tombstone
1. Once you have the dimensions you want for the Halloween DIY: Chalkboard Tombstone, stick the balsa wood together with glue. I used wood glue for better results.
2. Since the balsa wood is thin, I used some masking tape to avoid the wood to separate. Have patience and leave it to dry. Also, this kind of wood tends to curve. So it would be good that after adding the tape, you could put some books or something heavy on it to avoid that.
3. Draw the tombstone and using the craft knife, cut carefully the shape of it.
4. Time to paint it! I put two coats of the paint on the wood for better results. And don’t forget to paint the base of the tombstone too!
5. This is the fun part! With the chalk, add any shape you want.
6. Stick the piece of wood to the chalkboard tombstone with the wood glue.
And ta-da! Your spooky Halloween DIY: ChalkboardTombstone is ready to use.
So what do you think? Are you going to make this Halloween DIY Chalkboard Tombstone? What’s your favorite thing about Halloween? Let me know in the comments!